This summer is a perfect time to pull out the old BBQ from the depths of the garage and start sizzling up a storm! How about starting with this delicious steak fajita recipe that will leave the whole family in the tex-mex mood!
For this steak fajita recipe, you will need:
- 12oz of good quality rump or sirloin steak
- 1x red bell pepper
- 1x yellow bell pepper
- 1x medium-large onion
- 1x tablespoon of cajun spice
- 4x flour tortillas
Sound good? Great! Next we need to cook the steak fajita so that it is just perfect with that hint of BBQ taste that we all love.So here’s how:
- Dust the raw steak(s) in the cajun powder and a little drizzle of olive oil. Get your hands dirty for best results!
- Allow the steaks to sit for around 5 minutes and then place on a hot BBQ (make sure the flames have died down).
- Cook the steaks for around 5-10 minutes depending on how well you like them done. I tend to use medium steaks because they give out less juice than rare. Too much juice and it can soak through your tortilla wraps. Add the peppers and onion, turning them every couple of minutes.
- Make sure everything is char-grilled and lookin’ tasty! Remove from the BBQ on to a chopping board and slice everything into thin strips. Do the steak last because we want to keep in the heat.
- Fill your steak fajitas to the brim, adding a crisp green salad or guacamole and sour cream or salsa. I love to add a teaspoon of tabasco into my salsa for that extra *kick*!
Enjoy your steak fajitas with a spicy red wine, a cool lager or a fresh lemonade.