To live a healthy lifestyle is not as difficult as you may think. There are simple health habits that you can adapt to your lifestyle and maintain well being. You may choose to ignore the simple steps to staying healthy and live a life of illnesses and stress, but why would you choose that? Below are some simple healthy habits that you can start incorporating into your life now.
- Start with a healthy breakfast. It does not need to be a full buffet but your body needs energy to function, so – yes it is true that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Your body needs sleep in order to function properly. Children need more sleep that adults and although we as adults, feel like we may be able to ‘function’ on 4-5 hours, we need much more. Our bodies heal while we sleep, so be sure to get at least 6-7 hours each night.
- Exercise daily. Yes, you read it correctly, we must exercise. Let’s face it, this is the only body we are going to get, so we might as well take care of it. Simple walking around the block will do your body good. To benefit from exercise do it for at least 30 minutes daily.
- Dental hygiene is very important. It is important to floss daily and keep your gums and teeth in good health. Studies show that tooth and gum decay can directly impact your overall health.
- Protect your skin from the harsh elements such as wind and sun. It is important to apply sunscreen no matter where you live.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Our bodies are made mostly of water and need it to function properly. Studies vary with the appropriate amount needed. Never wait to feel thirsty to drink water, because by then you are at risk of dehydration. It is best to drink water and avoid soft drinks.
- Diet is very important and eating the correct foods and appropriate amounts are just as important. Include fish into your diet. Your body will benefit from the Omega 3-fatty acids. Eat plenty of vegetables, poultry and meat. If you are a vegetarian, eat the correct amount of alternative foods to get the vitamins and nutrients your body needs to function properly.
These are simple healthy habits that can easily be adapted into your lifestyle. Your body, mind and soul will benefit from it immensely.